Sunday 10 May 2009

Single speed bike complete


This morning I finally completed my single-speed bike. After a few minor adjustments, a new chain and a sweaty arse, I finished assembling it. I also, decided not to take out the bottom bracket, I'll leave that for another day. The gearing is a 32 tooth front and 16 tooth back sprocket. The chain tensioning device is an On-One.

In the afternoon I test drove it and all was "almost" sweet. There was a strong sounding coming from the pedals, a clicking. I had overhauled them a few months ago. I think I might have tightened then too much. I'll try slacking them, if that fails, I'll replace the SPD's on.

The bike is now much lighter and suprisingly easy to pedal up a decent hill. I like it. I did try and find a lower gear...ha ha ha...there was none but my legs, dear chap!

After an hour, I had a grin on my face, I enjoyed it. Back to bicycle nature. I will try this out for a few months and if all if still good, I'll seriously think about buying a dedicated single road bike, a Langster or even Tricoss single!

No comments:

Post a Comment