Monday 11 May 2009

Marks & Spencer Car Insurance warning

Today is Monday 11th May 2009. My new car insurance started on Friday 8th May 2009. Usually if all goes well, I either renew existing policy or change to cheaper car insurance. This time I got a great deal with Admiral car insurance. My previous insurer was Marks & Spencer Money

The postman came fairly early today and dropped a letter in the door. I opened the letter to find renewal documentation from Marks & Spencer! What?! I never renewed. They had renewed my previous policy (without my verbal or written consent) and took a large ammount of money from my credit card.

I gulped. I was bewildered. I was ANGRY!

I went on the internet and looked up my Credit card status, there and behold was a few hundred pounds pending on my credit card statement. Immediately I phone Marks and Spencer Money to demand why they had renewed my policy and took money from my credit account without my permission.

According to them, there is a statement in my previous original policy agreeing to Automatic Renewal. What?!?

I read the policy and there it was! In the middle of a page full of gumfph. 


This was for MY PROTECTION! Give over...This is Marks and Spencer Fraud!

So I had to read this statement, along with the other 8 pages of crap they sent, then call them to OPT OUT of a highly dubious scheme designed to lock you into paying higher prices.

Tacit renewal, as it's called, is customer unfriendly and on the edge of fraud as after 12 months you soon forget, they don't and soon take your money without your knowledge. You then have to fight to get it back. Many people change credit cards, move house, etc...so only find out they owe hundreds of pounds many weeks or months later.

Please BOYCOTT any insurance company that has Automatic Renewal.

No comments:

Post a Comment