Monday 26 October 2009

Yeah - I'm heading for a heart attack!

I had a good bike ride on my single speeder yesterday and used my heart monitor for the first time. In 4 hilly places my heart rate topped 172 bpm, making the monitor warning beep like crazy. It's programmed with my age, height and weight. However the BIG place was the pedestrian Tyne Tunnel where I carried the bike down the stairs, cycled fast through the tunnel and carried the bike up the 100 odd wooden stairs.

It looked like I peaked at 177 bmp at the top of the stairs. According to medical reports this is my "heart attack" region. Using the formula for my maximum heart rate:

HRmax = 205.8 − (0.685 × age)

Therefore:

HRmax = (205.8 - 34.4555) = 171.3

So I am now dead and I have written this on my internet Ouija board.











No comments:

Post a Comment